We are looking for the most innovative women entrepreneurs from Latin America and the Caribbean!
WeXchange Pitch Competition is a business competition that rewards the most innovative and dynamic women entrepreneur in the region, whose tech-based enterprise demonstrates a high growth potential. The competition allows participating entrepreneurs to meet investors, mentors and fellow entrepreneurs from all over the region, as well as compete for prizes that can help the growth of their startup.
Apply here: Application – Pitch Competition 2019
Contact: Elizabeth Acuña / email@example.com
- The startup must have, at least, one woman in the founding team, who will present the pitch.
- The startup must have operations in at least one Latin American or Caribbean country.
- The startup must have received less than USD 1 million in financing and was incorporated in the past 4 years.
- The startups must have an MVP (minimum viable product), whose key component involves science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
- Demonstrates high innovation, impact and scalability.
- Globally scalable business model.
- Each participant can only present one startup.
- The applicant must be available through the pre-selection and selection process, as well as preparation and mentoring period in case of selection.
Meet the finalists from past pitch competitions here
Frequently asked questions
What is WeXchange?
Is a platform that connects high-growth entrepreneurs from Latin America and the Caribbean with mentors and investors. Established in 2013 by IDB Lab, the IDB Group’s innovation lab, WeXchange seeks to unlock the growth potential of entrepreneurs in Latin America and the Caribbean. Every year WeXchange organizes forums, and in just six editions has gathered more than 1,600 entrepreneurs, mentors, investors and experts from 24 countries.
Where and when will the WeXchange 2019 forum take place?
In Asunción, Paraguay, between 13 and 14 November.
Who can participate in WeXchange 2019?
- Women entrepreneurs leading innovative businesses with high technological component and high growth potential, interested in accelerating the growth of their companies.
- Investors interested in the region.
- Experienced mentors advising companies in the region.
- Experts in the world of entrepreneurship.
- Socially responsible companies and institutions that want to promote the creation of a highly innovative productive fabric promoted by women.
As an entrepreneur you have the possibility to:
- Be selected from the six projects with the greatest potential in the region promoted by women, finalists of the pitch competition. An international jury will choose the most innovative and dynamic entrepreneur in the region.
- Receive personalized, group mentoring to solve key issues in your company.
- Networking with people of great relevance in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Attend hands-on training sessions guided by international experts and experienced entrepreneurs.
As an investor, mentor or special guest you will have access to:
- Innovative projects with high growth potential.
- Investment opportunities.
- The latest trends.
- To the entrepreneurs who will become the next success stories of the region.
What will be the official language of WeXchange 2019?
The official languages of the forum will be English and Spanish. Most presentations will be translated into English or Spanish. In mentoring sessions, entrepreneurs should be prepared to perform their pitch in both English and Spanish.
How can I participate in WeXchange 2019?
PRESENTIAL: register to participate in the forum and start planning the trip to Asunción, Paraguay, between November 13 and 14. All applications will be reviewed by the WeXchange team.
VIRTUAL: you can still follow the forum via live webcast, or through updates to our Facebook and Twitter channels.
How many entrepreneurs per startup can participate?
There is no limit to the number of entrepreneurs that can participate from one single company. The only suggestion is that the participants from same company participate together in individual mentoring sessions.
Is this a free event?
This year WeXchage is a free event, you only have to register!